Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing Treatment
(a.k.a. Brazilian Blowout)
The Keratin Smoothing Treatment by Pure Brazilian is a Professional in Salon treatment that takes about 90-120 minutes for shoulder length hair.This treatment smooths the hair and leaves it looking radiantly shiny, smooth, soft and healthy for up to 12 weeks. The treatment seals in the cuticle which cuts drying time down to 1/3 of the usual time, i.e . Hair that used to take 30 minutes to blow dry, now takes 10 minutes. This treatment also gives you the option of air drying your hair to look smooth and beautiful.
Mostly anyone is a good candidate for the Pure Brazilian Treatment. It is effective on all hair types including : thick, thin, dry, chemically damaged, straight, wavy and curly. This professional service will make the hair healthier as it smooths the cuticle and eliminates frizz and creates shine. The Keratin Smoothing Treatment works great with highlighted and colored hair. It will enhance the color, eliminate frizz and make the hair look healthier overall. Ideally you will want to do the color service the same day because the cuticle is already open. If you do have the Keratin Smoothing Treatment and then decide to do color, you will want to wait at least 14 days before having a color service.
Your hair will still have volume after your Pure Brazilian Treatment! You will still be able to use a curling iron and/or round brush to create body and volume.
Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing Treatment is not a permanent hair straightener but an anti-frizz treatment. For example, if your hair is wavy, the treatment will most likely allow your hair to dry straight. If your hair is curly, then it will eliminate the frizz as it enhances the definition of the natural curl. If your hair is straight, the treatment will eliminate frizz and give your hair a shiny, healthy look. Finally, the treatment will cut down drying time on all hair to 1/3 of the usual time.
On the average the Pure Brazilian Treatment results will vary from 10 to even 14 weeks. It depends on the individual and how often they wash their hair. It is also essential to use the Pure Brazilian retail line. This treatment is cumulative so the more treatments you receive, the longer a client can go between treatments. The Pure Brazilian Treatment works great on chemically treated and damaged hair. The proteins and nutrients help to seal the cuticle and leave the hair looking healthy.
Swimming in the ocean or pool is fine, but the life of your treatment may be compromised if you swim regularly. The Daily Anti-Frizz Serum is a great product to apply before swimming to protect the hair from the elements such as chlorine and salt in the water.
Another thing to remember is that the Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing Treatment a.k.a. Brazilian Blowout is completely safe and does not contain any Formaldehyde or derivatives as part of its ingredients. Pure Brazilian has hired and independent lab to test its products and has the findings available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Treatment
- Can I still receive a Keratin Smoothing Treatment if I have highlights and/or color?
- Yes, the Keratin Smoothing Treatment will actually improve the health of color-treated/highlighted hair by conditioning the hair while sealing the cuticle for enhanced color, reduced frizz and radiant shine.
- Is the Keratin Smoothing Treatment going to make my hair straight?
- If your hair is wavy, the Keratin Smoothing Treatment will make your hair appear naturally straight and healthy. If your hair is very curly, it will minimize frizz while enhancing the appearance of the natural wave/curl. If you have straight, frizzy hair, this treatment will eliminate frizz and promote radiant shine.
- How long does the Keratin Smoothing Treatment last?
- The Keratin Smoothing Treatment will last for 10-12 weeks if the Pure Brazilian After-Care Product Line is used. The Keratin Treatment is a cumulative treatment, in that the more you receive it, the healthier the hair will be and the longer the result will last.
- Can you apply the Keratin Smoothing Treatment directly on top of other relaxers and strengtheners?
- Yes, the Keratin Smoothing Treatment actually works best on chemically treated hair, and helps to improve the hairs condition by fortifying each strand with essential amino acids. The Keratin Treatment works great directly on top of a relaxer. Perform the relaxer first, Keratin Treatment next, and then neutralize at the very end of both treatments. The Keratin Treatment is great to perform when someone is trying to move away from having relaxers or Japanese straighteners. It puts movement back into the hair, allowing the hair to look its best.
- Will my hair lose volume if I receive the Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- No, your hair will not lose volume as a result of receiving the Keratin Smoothing Treatment. Your hair will maintain its natural volume and you will still receive great bend and memory when blow-drying and/or using a curling iron.
- Will my hair return to its original state after the Keratin Smoothing Treatment has completed its life cycle?
- Yes, the hair will revert to its original state once the Keratin Smoothing Treatment has completed its life cycle of 10-12 weeks, however, the condition of the hair will actually improve as a result of the fortifying and conditioning nature of the product.
- Can I color my hair the same day you receive a Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- Yes, however, you must color your hair prior to having the Keratin Smoothing Treatment. If you are coloring hair dark brunette or red, you will want to color the hair a shade darker than you otherwise would, as the hair color will experience fading during the Keratin Treatment treatment.
- Can I swim in the pool or ocean after you have the Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- Yes, you can swim in either the pool or the ocean after you receive the Keratin Smoothing Treatment treatment, however, the treatment may be slightly compromised if you swim on a regular basis. We recommend that you apply the Keratin Treatment Smoothing Serum on the hair prior to swimming in order to act as a protective barrier to maintain the smoothest possible result for the longest period of time.
- How soon can I touch up my color after I receive the Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- You should wait at least two weeks to administer color to the hair after you receive the Keratin Smoothing Treatment, as the color will not deposit as effectively with the protein protective layer provided by the smoothing treatment. If you need to touch up color/roots in between treatments, this is ok, as the hair being touched up is new growth and does not have the treatment on it. If you need to highlight or pull the full color through the entire head of hair, make sure you use the Keratin Treatment masque at least once or twice a week to fortify the treatment back into the hair.
- How soon can I wash my hair after the Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- You can wash your hair immediately after the Keratin Smoothing Treatment, or as you would normally.
- Can I receive the Keratin Smoothing Treatment if I have over-processed blonde hair? What if my hair is platinum blonde?
- It is important for every stylist to assess the condition of the client's hair to make sure it is in a healthy enough state to apply extreme heat through the use of a flat iron. If it is felt that the hair is in questionable condition, the recommendation is to turn the flat iron down from 450 degrees to approximately 380-420. The stylist will have to determine the appropriate amount of heat to apply.
- Can you perform a Keratin Smoothing Treatment on extensions?
- Yes, the Keratin Smoothing Treatment performs perfectly on hair extensions. It would be best for the stylist to perform the Keratin Treatment separately on the extensions prior to putting them into the hair. If you wish to perform the treatment on extensions that are already in the hair, the stylist will need to be extremely careful when applying the solution to the bonded area. Keratin Treatment solution acts as a conditioning agent, and may create slip resulting in the extensions separating from the hair. If the stylist is careful and works to first separate the extension hair from the client's own hair, a great result can be achieved.
- Can I receive a Keratin Smoothing Treatment if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- There have been no clinical tests performed on the safety of performing the Keratin Smoothing Treatment on pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding. As a result, we do advise against pregnant or breastfeeding women receiving the Keratin Treatment treatment and recommend consulting with your doctor and following his/her directions.
- How soon can I receive a Keratin Smoothing Treatment treatment after I get my first treatment?
- The Keratin Smoothing Treatment is just like a conditioning treatment, so you will not harm the hair by performing them too soon or too much, however, please remember that you can only fill the cuticle to its capacity. If a client wants to come back for another treatment, or it did not take to he hair the way it should have, you can have the client come back in 10 days following the first treatment.
- What is the active chemical in the Keratin Smoothing Treatment solution that makes it work so well?
- This is a proprietary system that we are currently in the process of patenting. This treatment is 100% salon safe. What makes the Keratin Smoothing Treatment treatment effective is our use of the Super Nutrient Complex in conjunction with a proprietary polymer system. This combination is what rounds the follicle, smooths the cuticle and repairs any preexisting damage.
- How is the Keratin Smoothing Treatment different from the Japanese Straightening method many people are familiar with?
- Japanese hair straightening changes the actual structure of the hair. In doing so, there is an obvious difference between the new hair growth and the hair that has been treated, resulting in a life-long commitment to continuing the straightener or cutting hair off (if you are unhappy with the result). This service can also leave the hair flat, too straight and with little to no shine or luster. The hair's integrity seems to be compromised, and after a few treatments, the hair appears to be in an unhealthy state.
- What is the difference between a Brazilian Blowout and a Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
- A Brazilian Blowout is a Keratin Smoothing Treatment. The difference is in the formulation of the product and the application from the stylist. Brandon has developed one of the best application processes in the industry and always strives to use the best available formula.